www desw gov in Scholarship 2020: Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the PM Scholarship Scheme (DESW Scholarship) 2020-2021.
The PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2020 has been initiated by our Honorable Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi in the year 2014.
This scholarship is applicable for the students who have passed 10th or 12th, children of Ex-Serviceman (Military) who are willing to pursue higher education.
There are many schemes covered under the umbrella of the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS). Out of them, we are listing the top 3 most preferable scholarships.
Below is the list of scholarships
PM Scholarship Scheme for 10th, 12th Class – Apply Online at www.desw.gov.in/Scholarship
www.desw.gov.in/Scholarship 2020: This Scholarship is applicable for both 10th & 12th passed students who are from the economically weaker section. This scheme is introduced by the Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Candidates seeking admission in any professional courses such as B.E., B. Tech, Medical, Pharmacy, BCA, BBA, etc. can get benefited from this scheme.
Check the Eligibility details provided in the below section and apply online.
- The family’s annual income must be less than Rs. 6 lakhs.
- The age limit of the candidate is 16-25 years.
- Students pursuing their regular courses are eligible for this scheme.
- Any student doing a long-distance learning course is not eligible
- This scholarship is applicable for pursuing only one course, application for multiple courses would be considered as invalid.
List of Schemes covered under PMSS:
There are many schemes covered under PMSS. But only a few of them are good at providing enough rewards to the students.
Here, we are listing the top three scholarship schemes and their eligibility criteria.
Go through the details provided below and apply online.
Note: Every year, around 82,000 students across the nation would be benefited from these schemes.
1. PM Scholarship for Ex-Serviceman (DESW Scholarship) 2020
www desw gov in Scholarship 2020: Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare (DESW) and ministry of Defense, Government of India brought up this Scheme.
The objective of this scheme is to provide financial support to the family whose family members were Ex-Servicemen and their present situation is less than what they can afford for their child’s education.
This scheme was started in the Year 2007 and is being successfully run by the Government.
This scholarship has provided hope for many students in achieving their goals and for the completion of their academic courses.
- The boys would receive Rs. 2500 per month
- The girls would receive Rs. 3000 per month
- Duration of the scholarship is 1-5 years
www desw gov in Scholarship Eligibility 2020
A student fulfilling all the below mentioned criteria is eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Students should complete their Diploma/Graduation course in the year 2019-2020.
- The candidates must have passed class 12th or any Graduation or any Diploma course with least 60% imprints.
- Any understudy who is a reliant ward or a widow of Ex-Servicemen and Ex-Coast Guard staff who passed on in outfit or got incapacitated during the coast watchman administration or military administration can apply.
- The applicant who is certifiably not a regular citizen or grant of Para Military Personnel.
- Any understudy who isn’t getting any pay for an expert degree course.
- And the applicant who is seeking after examinations through just an ordinary, not a separation adapting course.
- Students should seek after Master’s Degree Courses aren’t qualified.
- Students studying abroad are not eligible.
- A Student who has secondary income Sources (job, part-time jobs, etc.) are not eligible.
Courses covered under DESW Scholarship
- B. Search Agriculture, Horticulture, Public Health, Neuro, Technology, Agri Marketing, Technology, Animation, Multimedia, Forensic Science, Mass Media, Computer Science, Electronics, Medical Lab Technology, Assistant, Operation theatre, Nursing
- B. Arch (Bachelor of Architecture)
- B.E (Bachelor of Engineering)
- BA (Bachelor of Arts)
- B. Com (Bachelor of Commerce)
- BJMC (Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication)
- BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management)
- B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)
- B. Ed (Bachelor of Education)
- B. Voc. (Bachelor of Vocation) Food Processing
- BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts)
- B. Des (Bachelor of Design)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
How to Apply?
The eligible and interested candidates can submit their applications online at www.desw.gov.in/scholarship 2020 or you can also do the same at the National Scholarship Portal’s website.
Online Application Process:
Students who have gone through the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can submit their applications online.
Before submitting your application, make sure that you are fulfilling all the above-mentioned factors. Also, make sure that the scanned copies of the required documents are with you.
Below is the step by step procedure to submit your application online.
Go through it.
Application Process at the National Scholarship Portal
Those who are applying for the first time can follow the below steps to submit the application
The official website of the National Scholarship Portal is www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Candidates have to visit the above-mentioned website
- On the top right of the page, you will find the Registration button, click on it
- Go through the guidelines carefully to fill the next level forms
- Scroll down to the bottom and accept the terms and conditions checkboxes
- Click on the Continue button
- Enter the personal and bank details in the form and click on the Register button
- User ID and Password will be sent to your mobile number and email id
- Click on the Login Page and enter your credentials (Go to the Login Page Here)
- Select the scholarship from a list and upload the required documents
- Submit the application
- Alerts will be sent to your registered mobile number
Application Process at KSB (Kendriya Sainik Board) website:
- Visit the online application page here
- A new page will be opened with the Application Form
- The application form consists of 2 parts (Part 1 & Part 2) as shown in the below image
- Fill out all the fields of Part 1 and Part 2
- After filling all the details, cross-check the details that you have entered.
- Enter the verification in the bottom section as shown below
- Click on Submit button
- The application confirmation mail will be sent to your registered email id.
- Download the acknowledgment
DESW Scholarship Application Form Download
Following are the direct pages to submit your Application
- NSP Registration Page: www.scholarships.gov.in/fresh/newstdRegfrmInstruction
- NSP Login Page: www.scholarships.gov.in/fresh/loginPage
DESW Scholarship 2020 Infographic:
The below infographic gives you the graphical information for the application of the DESW Scholarship 2020.
If you got stuck at any step of the application process you can contact our support team at any time. We will help you.
2. Siksha Abhiyan Scholarship-2020 (for 10th Passed Students)
It goes under the focal government’s plan, Sarva Siksha Abhiyan has started receiving the applications for Siksha Abhiyan Scholarship Test 2020-2021.
The applications were invited from understudies who are concentrated in the middle of the class tenth to twelfth. This scheme has been launched to help students of financially weaker sections and lighten the burden of education expenses from their families.
- The applicant must be studied between class 10th and 12th.
- A student must be a citizen of India.
- A candidate who belongs to any other foreign country is not eligible to apply for this scheme.
- 25 students securing the rank 1 in this scholarship exam will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 50 thousand.
- 50 students securing the rank 2 in this scholarship exam will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 40 thousand.
- 75 students securing the rank 3 in this scholarship exam will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 30 thousand.
- 100 students securing the rank 4 in this scholarship exam will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 15 thousand.
- 250 students securing the rank 5 in this scholarship exam will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 8 thousand.
List of Documents Required:
The following documents are mandatory to submit the application online.
- The Letter of admission.
- Recent passport size photographs.
- A Loan application form should be duly filled and signed.
- Statement of the cost of study.
- PAN card and AADHAR card of the applicant and its parent/or guardian.
- Proof of identity and residence.
- IT returns or IT assessment order of the previous 2 years of the co-borrower.
- Applicant’s parent’s or guardian’s statement of assets and liabilities.
- Applicant’s parent’s or guardian’s and proof of income.
Online Application Process:
Any student who fulfills the eligibility criteria can apply for this scholarship by following the simple steps given below:
- Visit the official page here.
- Click on Register Button, enter your details, and verify your registration.
- Log in using the details given during registration and open the application form.
- Fill up all the required details after reading all the terms and conditions mentioned on the website.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Make the payment through any online mode.
- Finally, submit your application form.
- Download the acknowledgment
3. National Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2020 (NMMS)
This is a central government scheme launched in May 2008, providing financial support to students who are economically backward.
The main aim of this scheme is to minimize the dropout at class VIII and encourage the students to finish the matriculation by providing financial support. This scheme encourages their will to study efficiently and to work hard in their higher education.
- The student must be studying class 9
- Must have passed with at least 55% marks in the 7th & 8th standard (50% pass percentage is allowed in the case of SC/ST category students)
- The annual income of the family must not cross Rs. 1,50,000/- (One lakh fifty thousand only)
Students are needed to renew the scholarship for the next academic year (10th standard)
The selected candidates will get a reward of Rs. 12,000/- per annum (Rs. 1000/- per month).
The scholarship amount is credited to the parent’s bank account quarterly.
An Overview of PM Scholarship Scheme 2020:
|Name of the Scholarship||PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2020|
|Funded Organization||Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Govt. of India|
|Article Category||DESW Scholarship Application Form|
|Official site||http://www.desw.gov.in/Scholarship 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||–|
|Status on Notification 2020||Expected in August 2020 (Tentative)|
|Eligibility||10th & 12th Passed|
|How to Apply||Know Here|
FAQs on www desw gov in scholarship 2020
A: Applications are accepted at the official website of the “National Scholarship Portal“. Check the instructions and application dates at http://www.desw.gov.in/scholarship before submitting the application.
A: The official portal of NSP is https://scholarships.gov.in. You can visit this page and submit the application for various scholarships available in India.
A: The male students get a scholarship amount of Rs. 2500/- per month. For female students the amount provided is Rs. 3000/- per month.
A: There are only two PG courses applicable under this scheme MBA & MCA.
A: The notification and the application dates have been provided at the official website http://desw.gov.in/scholarship.
A: Usually the notification releases in the months of August or September every year. Interested candidates can check the eligibility criteria and get prepared with the required documents.
A: Yes, you can also submit your application on the NSP’s website. The application procedure and the required documents are provided on this page.
A: No, the DESW scholarship for the students pursuing 11th & 12th classes only. You can apply in the next year if you meet the eligibility criteria.
A: Generally, DESW releases the notification in the month of September or October every year. This year also we can expect in the same months. We will update the schedules and announcements on this page.