Scheme of Overseas Scholarships: Going to Abroad has become one of the common things the students have been preferring after their graduation for higher studies and for a good future. There are many students belonging to the Sc/St category who also have their goal to study higher studies in abroad for a better future, but are unable to go there because of low financial status and poor family background.
For this reason, the Government of Karnataka along with the Department of Social Welfare has taken an initiative of providing financial support to the students of the weak economic background to pursue their higher education in abroad or to either their PhD level course within the country. This scheme provides a total 100% financial support in both the cases for either going to abroad or to continue their PhD course.
Scheme of Overseas Scholarships for SC/ST, Karnataka 201-20 Apply online
- Applicants must belong to the Sc/St community only.
- And the age limit of the applicants should be below 35 years before the application form.
- The Candidates must belong to the state of Karnataka and must hold a residency proof of the Karnataka State.
- Applicant should have the admission letter of the university of the top 200 universities/colleges in the world.
- The Candidates must have been opted in the field of Engineering or Management, Accounting, Finance, Humanities, Social Science & Law, Any other Symposia/Workshop/Seminar, Pure Sciences & Applied Sciences, Agricultural Sciences & Medicines, International Commerce only.
- The student/applicant must have an aggregate of more than 60% in their previous academic course.
Procedure to apply for the Scheme for Overseas Scholarships
- Go to the official website to open the application form and then download it if the option is available.
- Fill all the essential information in the application form after reading all the conditions mentioned.
- Enter the important details like Aadhar card information/license information/Pan card information etc.
- Upload all the required documents for their verification purpose.
- Residency proof.
- Identity proof.
- Caste Certificate.
- Admission letter.
- Family’s annual income.
- Marks sheet.
- Original copies of Photographs of the applicant.
- After the completion of uploading press the submit option.
After all the applications are received by the board the applicants/candidates would be called for a personal interview process.
Rewards from this Scheme of Overseas Scholarships
- A total of 100% of the tuition fees would be paid by the Government to the universities/colleges for which the student has opted.
- There are some conditions and terms of this scheme,
- The candidates must join the university before 18 months of their selection process.
- There is a 50% of preference for the girl students first in the selection process. If the seats are vacant, then in the 50% the boys can have that seat.
- The 100% tuition fees are paid by the government if the student’s family’s annual income is less than Rs.6, 00,000 per year or else the e student would be given only 33% of the total tuition fees only.
- While studying in the college/ university the student must send a report to the government officials for every 6 months.
Post-matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
The minorities are the people belonging to the Economical backward classes, weaker section of the society or the people belonging to the Sc/St category. These people find it hard to afford the educational fees paid to the institutions for the purpose of education. For this issue the ministry of Minorities and the State Government of Karnataka State together has brought up a scheme called Post-matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities for these people. The scheme aim is to provide support to the students with a good merit and talent so that they can evolve and pursue their courses without any financial issues.
- Candidates must score more than 60% in their previous academic course, i.e. 10th standard examination.
- The students must be studying in 11th or 12th class during applying for the scholarship.
- Applicant’s family’s annual income should be less than Rs.2, 00,000/- per year.
- The student must have a good behavior in his academic life.
Procedure for applying:
- Open the official website of the minority affairs and register to the website.
- After the verification of the applicant open the application form.
- Read all the terms and conditions mentioned in the website.
- Fill the application form with all the required details in the correct format.
- Attach the required documents in the size they have mentioned.
- After checking the application form, press the submit option.
The students who are pursuing for higher studies, like B. Com, ITI courses after their 12th The class is also eligible for this scheme. Apart from that 30% if the total amount that is given for this scholarship is distributed to the girl candidates first.
The last date for the submission of application form for this scheme is 30th September 2019.
The minority scholarship Karnataka
The term minority refers to the people belonging to the weaker sections of the society and the people belonging to the Sc/St community. The tuition fees for the esteemed public universities like the IIT’s and IIM’s are a little burden for the students of these minority sections. The directorate of Minority affairs and the State Government of Karnataka has brought up a scheme in order to support and encourage the students in their education and to achieve greater heights in their life.
- The student/applicant must belong to the minority community like the Muslim, Sikh and Christian.
- The student/applicant must have an admission in one of the government esteemed colleges like the NIT’s, IIT’s, IIM’s, IIIT’s, AIIM’s, INI, and IUSLA.
- The applicant /student must hold the residents of Karnataka state.
- The family’s annual income for a year should be less than 6 lakhs.
- The application for the minority scholarship can be done in both online and offline mode.
- The application is available at the official website and the student can download it from there.
- First register on the website and verify your registration.
- Read all the terms and conditions carefully before filling the application.
- Fill the application in a proper way as required or mentioned.
- Attach all the required documents as mentioned like,
- Caste certificate.
- Income certificate.
- Adhere card of the student.
- Identity card of the student issued by the institute.
- Marks sheet of the student.
- Admission card from the institute.
- Bonafied certificate issued by the institute.
- After checking the application, press the submit option.
- In case of offline mode post the application to the below mentioned address:
Directorate of Minorities 20th Floor,
V.V Towers, Dr. B.R Ambedkar Veedhi,
Bangalore – 560001
The reward form this scholarship for the selected students are going to receive about a one-time incentive of Rs.2,00,000/- during their course they are pursuing.
Official website: http://www.sofworld.org/
Note: Deswgov.in website is the private web portal which provides you the latest information regarding the Ex-servicemen Scholarships, Schemes, DESW recruitments alerts, ex-servicemen welfare, citizen Charter& budget.