This Oasis scholarship is provided by the backward class welfare department government of the west Bengal. The aim of this scheme is to help and create as much an opportunity for the students in need. The scholarship of West Bengal government is divided into two categories. They are pre-matric scholarship and post matric scholarship. This scholarship is only for the backward classes like SC, ST, OBC candidates. This is the number one scholarship scheme launched in west Bengal. To get the benefits of this scheme students are required to present the necessary documents.
Oasis Scholarship (scholarships.wbsed.gov.in) Oasis Portal
Oasis scholarship is an online process. The students who are eligible for this scholarship scheme can apply for it. The West Bengal government provides this scholarship every year with some modifications and improvisations so that maximum benefits could be provided to students.
Those candidates are interested in the following scheme and have all eligibility criteria can read the full notification before applying online. Remember, it is very important for the contenders, to have all the qualifications correctly. If not all such applications will be rejected. If you want more information about this oasis scholarship please follow the complete article. The application period of pre matric scholarship for SC, ST and OBC students is from May to November.
Students who have taken admission in 2019 are only eligible to apply for the oasis scholarship scheme. The applicants should have obtained at least 60% marks or above the minimum educational qualification. The eligibility of oasis scholarship depends upon their chests. The eligibility of the SC candidate should belong to 9th and 10th class. The family income should be 2 lakh per year.
The eligibility of the ST students should belong post secondary or post matriculation. The family income should be 2.5lakh per annum. The eligibility of the OBC candidates should belong to, post secondary level. The annual income of the family should be 1lakh. The students Who are pursuing studies through only regular course are eligible for this oasis scholarship. The students through the distance learning course are eligible.
The Oasis scholarship rewards for the day scholars and hostellers are mentioned here…
Pre matric scholarship for the sc student who belongs to day scholars is 150 per month for 10 months the same amount should be given and + Adhoc grant of INR 750 per annum. The candidate who belongs to hostellers the rewards are given is INR 750 per month for 10 months the same amount should be given and the + adhoc grant amount is INR 1000 per annum.
The pre metric scholarship for ST students is the candidates who will belong today scholars and hostels the rewards are given is same as the rewards given to the SC candidates. The scholarship for SC/ST students for medical/engineering/B.SC/P.HD the rewards for day scholars is INR 550 per month and for hostellers is INR1200 per month. Scholarships for the students who belongs to class 11th and 12th intermediate courses is rewarded to the day scholars is Rs 230 per month and for hostellers is Rs 750 per month.
- First of all visit the official website i.e. scholarships.wbsed.gov.in
- Next, click on to the registration
- Read all the guidelines prescribed in it. After that, fill the application form. Upload your photograph and signature. An OTP will be generated on your registered mobile number for successful login.
- Log in to the portal using the application ID and password received on your registered mobile number.
- Now your application form will appear on the screen. Download it and keep it safe for the further reference
The documents required
- The candidate’s photo
- Caste certificate
- Certificate from his or her bank stating that Aadhaar card of the student linked with his or her bank account number
- Minimum educational Qualification (MEQ) certificate as applicable. (10+2 mark sheet/ Graduation)
Oasis scholarship renewal process
- First, go to the official website and then go to the renewal scholarship and click on it.
- Next login by using mobile number or password. And verify the previous details and check whether it is right or wrong, then change the details.
- After that click on the Renew and lock application button. Then your application form will appear on the screen. Download the application form and take a hard copy for the further use.
Frequently asked questions
- Is there any application ID?
Yes, an application ID will be provided to the candidate once his/her application is submitted online. It will be conveyed to the candidate through SMS and email.
- Do I have to fill up the online application in one sitting?
No, you can fill up the online application in many sitting, until you have satisfied that you have entered all details correctly.