Karnataka Scholarship 2020-2021: A various number of schemes are brought up under the influence of the state government of Karnataka for the students of weaker economical sections. These schemes are an initiation for the bright future of the students of the state for their education. Here below are mentioned some of the scholarship schemes run by the government of Karnataka.
Karnataka Scholarship 2020-2021 Pre Matric, Post Matric & MHRD Scholarship
Various schemes brought by the government are,
- Scheme of Overseas Scholarships For SC/ST
- Minority Scholarship Karnataka (SC &OBC)
- Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO)
The detailed information about the above schemes is given below with their eligibility criteria required, the procedure for applying to the scheme, rewards given and other related information regarding the schemes are mentioned.
SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO)
The competition named SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) is one of the most famous global level competitions conducted for the students. This is an internationally recognized scholarship scheme.
This scheme’s aim is to recognize the computerized knowledge and the student’s talent in the computer-related issues. This competition inspires the students to develop their skills regarding the computer world and to get hold of the present situation of how the world runs on the computer and the importance of a computer in daily life.
This competition focuses on the ability of the students, their way of solving, analytical and logical problems related to computer and IT services.
There is no separate qualification or any special category-based importance of this exam, all the students from class 1st – 12th Are eligible enough to participate in this competition.
- The official notification for this competition is sent to all the schools and intermediate colleges that are registered under the SOF.
- If the school hasn’t registered to the SOF yet, it must send an email as a request for registering under is so that the students can participate in this competition.
- The school will itself distribute the application forms to the students.
- After filling the application form by the students the school faculty members collect the application forms and submits it to the main office of the SOF before the last date of submission.
- A teacher would be selected by the Board of SOF for each school to handle the internal work of the school regarding the competition.
- The selected teacher would allot the registered student with a unique roll number and the list of the allotted roll numbers are sent to the main office of SOF along with the registration form and students’ school registration details.
- The SOF will record the details of the students and the related question papers are sent to the school to the registered students.
- The cost incurred for the student to participate in the exam is about Rs.125/-along with an additional amount of Rs.25/- as GST. Whereas the students from other countries have to pay US$9 each.
Rewards and Prizes:
Approximately Rs.18 crores an amount will be spent on the awards, gifts, and prizes this year.
At the international level, the prizes are distributed in the following manner-
- The 1st Rank holder would be given Rs.50, 000/- Each along with a Gold Medal and a Certificate of Outstanding Performance for a maximum of ten students.
- The 2nd Rank holder would be given Rs.25, 000/- Each along with a Silver Medal and a Certificate of Outstanding Performance for a maximum of ten students.
- The 3rd Rank holder would be given Rs.10, 000/- Each along with a Bronze Medal and a Certificate of Outstanding Performance for a maximum of ten students.
At the Zonal level, the prizes are distributed in the following manner-
- The 1st Rank holder would be given Rs.5, 000/- Each along with a Gold Medal and a Certificate of Outstanding Performance for a maximum of 210 students.
- The 2nd Rank holder would be given Rs.2, 500/- Each along with a Silver Medal and a Certificate of Outstanding Performance for a maximum of 210 students.
- The 3rd Rank holder would be given Rs.1, 000 Each along with a Bronze Medal and a Certificate of Outstanding Performance for a maximum of 210 students.
- The 4th to 10th Rank holders would be given Gifts Worth Rs.1000/- Each along with a Medal of Distinction a Certificate of Distinction and a Certificate of Zonal Excellence for a total of 1470 students.
- The 11th to 25th Rank holders would be given a Certificate of Zonal Excellence, a Medal of Distinction, along with a Certificate of Distinction for a total of 3150 students.
- All the remaining students above 26th Rank is only giving participation certificates only.
Important dates of the competition:
- The last date for submission of the application form to the SOF office is 20th November 2019.
- The exams are conducted on both 28th November 2019 and on 19th December 2019.
All the other information related to the competition is available at the official website http://www.sofworld.org/nco
Karnataka Government Scholarships For OBC Students
The Karnataka State Government is going to launch a new scheme of Scholarships For OBC Students Soon. We will update all information regarding the Karnataka State OBC student scholarships here soon. Connect with us and get all information.
Official site: (http://www.sofworld.org/nco): Click here
Note: Deswgov.in is the private web portal that provides you the latest information regarding the Ex-servicemen Scholarships, Schemes, DESW recruitments alerts, ex-servicemen welfare, citizen Charter& budget.