INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) 2020: The Government of India and the Department of Science and Technology has together brought up this scholarship to provide financial assistance to the students of economically weaker sections.
The students willing to pursue the courses in Natural and Basic Sciences can avail of this scholarship. Every year 10,000 students get benefited from this scholarship. The selected candidates will get a stipend of Rs. 80,000/- per annum.
This scholarship program is also known as Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE).
INSPIRE Scholarship 2020 (Eligibility, Awards & Application Process)
INSPIRE Scholarship 2020: The notification for the scholarship releases in the month of October every year. The application process will be completed in the month of December. The results of the same will be announced in the month of April or May every year.
Below are the eligibility details to submit the application form for the SHE program.
Eligibility Criteria for INSPIRE Scholarship 2020
- The top 10,000 students of both JEE Mains and JEE Advanced exams are eligible.
- The age of the candidate must be between 17 and 22 Years
- The top 10,000 rankings of the students in the NEET exam are eligible.
- The applicant belongs to the top 1% of students in the 12th Standard final examination.
- The students pursuing Natural/Basic Sciences Courses at IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS Universities are also eligible to apply.
Subjects under the Scope
Below are the subjects that have a scope under the INSPIRE Scholarship.
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Statistics, Geology, Astrophysics, Astronomy, Electronics, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Anthropology, Microbiology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, atmospheric-Sciences, Oceanic Sciences, Ecology, Marine Biology, Genetics, biophysics.
INSPIRE Scholarship Rewards
Every year 10,000 candidates get benefited from this scheme. Each candidate will be provided a stipend amount of Rs. 80,000/- per annum.
Out of which, Rs. 60,000/- will be directly given to the candidate by cash. The remaining Rs. 20,000/- will be paid towards the Summer Research Project of the student.
The candidate should keep scanned copies of all the documents mentioned below. Also, make sure to maintain the proper file size before uploading it.
- Caste certificates of the applicant/student (only for SC/ST/OBC category students) (File Size < 1 MB)
- Passport Size Photograph of the Candidate (File Size < 50 KB)
- The advisory note if provided by the state/central board (File Size < 1 MB)
- Mark sheet of 12th standard of the applicant (File Size < 1 MB)
- Mark sheet of 10th standard of the applicant (File Size < 1 MB)
- Rank card of the exams like JEE Mains, JEE Advanced, NEET, etc. of the applicant (File Size < 1 MB)
- Bonafide Certificate of the student signed by the Principal (File Size < 1 MB)
- Scanned Bank’s Passbook (First Page) of the applicant (File Size < 1 MB)
INSPIRE Scholarship Application Process
The application for the INSPIRE scholarship starts in the month of October every year. The applications are accepted through online mode only.
Those who are not aware of the procedure can follow the below steps to submit the application.
- Go to the official website of the “Department of Science & Technology” (Visit Here)
- On the right side of the page, you will find the link “New User? Register Here“, click on it.
- A new page will be opened with the title “INSPIRE Registration“
- Just below the title, there is a form
- Fill up all the mandatory fields and click on the submit button
- You will be receiving a User ID & Password to your registered Email-ID
- Click on the activation link and enter your credentials to log in the portal
- Keep all the required documents scanned before filling the application form
- Enter your educational details and upload all the documents
- Make sure you have entered genuine details without any spelling mistakes
- Click on the Submit button
- Your application will be submitted successfully
- Take a printout of the application form for further use
INSPIRE Scholarship Renewal Process:
After the selection process, to get the scholarship for the next academic year, the candidate has to fulfill the criteria given below.
- The students must maintain the marks percentage of 60% or 7.0GPA in their academic course of each year for the renewal of the scholarship.
- The scholarship of the candidate will remain canceled in case of not securing the above percentage. The same will be resumed in the next year if he/she scores satisfactory marks.
Scholarships by INSPIRE
Here are some of the other scholarship programs by the “INSPIRE”.
1. Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS)
Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent is a scholarship scheme under the umbrella of “INSPIRE” provided by the Department of Science & Technology.
- It provides an award amount of Rs. 5000/- to around 1 million students studying between 6th & 8th standard.
- The above stipend is provided to the students between the age-group 10-15 years.
- It will also arrange the summer camps for 50,000 science students every year who are pursuing the 11th standard
2. Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC):
This scheme is managed by INSPIRE and the primary aim of the scheme is to encourage the students in the department of Research & Development.
- It has 2 sub-components
- INSPIRE Fellowship &
- INSPIRE Faculty Scheme
- INSPIRE Fellowship offers 1000 fellowships to the candidates studying doctoral degrees and between the age of 22 and 27 years.
- The scheme INSPIRE Faculty is beneficial to the candidates pursuing post-doctoral researches and between the age group of 27 & 32 years.
FAQs on INSPIRE Scholarship 2020
Ans: Generally the Department of Science & Technology releases the notification of the INSPIRE Scholarship in the month of October/November every year.
Ans: INSPIRE Scholarship is organized by the DST, the official website of DST is “https://online-inspire.gov.in“.
Ans: Applications are invited through online mode at the official website of DST. Step by step procedure has been provided in the above section of this article.
Ans: No, only online applications are accepted.
Ans: There are 3 types of scholarships under the INSPIRE.
1. SHE: Scholarship for Higher Education
2. SEATS: Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent
3. AORC: Assured Opportunity for Research Careers
Ans: To renew the INSPIRE scholarship, the candidate must score at least 60% marks in the final examination.
Ans: No, you are not eligible to apply for the scheme. The age limit to apply for the SHE scheme is between 17 & 22 years.
Ans: The list of shortlisted candidates will be released in the months of April or May every year.