Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Results 2019-2020: Homi Bhabha examinations would be conducted every year by The Greater Bombay Science Teachers’ Association. It is also called as MSTA (Mumbai Science Teacher’s Association). These exams were conducted to bring out the talent in the students studying 6th and 9th classes.
Homi Bhabha Exam Important Dates:
|Written Examination||5th October 2019|
|Practical Examination for 6th Class||8th December 2019|
|Practical Exam for 9th Class||22nd December 2019|
|Interview Date for 6th & 9th Class||16th February 2020|
|Prize Distribution||Scheduled in 1st week of March 2020.|
Postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak in the country.
|New Date for Prize Distribution||Not Released|
Homi Bhabha Practical Exam Results 2019-2020:
Practical Exam for 6th Standard was conducted on 8th December 2019 and for the 9th standard, it was on 22nd December 2019.
Those who want to check the practical exam result can use the below button to get over there.
In the below section, we have provided the details regarding the Exam Time Table and the Result Dates. So, all the students are advised to read the full article.
Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Result & Exam Dates 2019-2020:
Homi Bhabha Balvaidyanik Examination (younger scientist) is a formal test that you take to show your knowledge or ability in a particular subject organized and carry out by the Mumbai Science Teachers Association.
The examination contains three stages
- Written Test
- Practical Examination
- Viva Voice and Project
Below table shows the examination and result dates
|Written Examination Date||October 5th, 2019 (3:30 PM to 5:30 PM)|
|Written Exam Result||Results are Out|
|Practical Exam Date for 6th Standard||8th December 2019|
|Practical Exam Date for 9th Standard||22nd December 2019|
|Practical Exam Result||Get Here|
(for 6th & 9th standard)
|Sunday, 16th February 2020|
Homi Bhabha Result Sample Certificate
The below image shows the sample certificate of the Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Competition.
Why Homi Bhabha?
The important feature of this examination is you do not have any advised textbook. So, you cannot sit with a single book and solve the examination and get a top grade. You may top the school exam, but that is not the case when you prepare for the Homi Bhabha exam. Competitive examination like Homi Bhabha looks for theories in science and practical application of that theory. They also help you to assess where you will stand from others in this city. The most important thing is it helps you to understand the subject in a thorough manner.
Written Exam Pattern:
The written test contains 100 Questions
- 30 Physics
- 30 Biology
- 30 Chemistry
- 10 General Science Awareness
One mark is given for each correct answer. Total there are 100 questions. There will be no negative marking.
Cut-Off Marks for Written Exam
There are no fixed cut-offs. Cut off may vary. It will declare after results are announced.
Language of the question paper: English, Marathi
Scholarships and Awards:
- Top 10% – Gold Medal, certificate, and Scholarship of rupees 1000.
- Next, 60% – silver Medal, certificate, and Scholarship of rupees 500.
- Remaining – Bronze Medal, certificate, and the Scholarship of rupees 300.
This competition is organized and carried out in three phases as shown below
- Description of the phase:
- Written test: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) based on science and General knowledge questions based on science (Total: 100 marks Duration: 90 minutes)
- Top 7.5% of students are selected for phase 2
- Students above 35 marks will get a passing certificate
- Description of the phase:
- Practical Test: There will be 10 experiments, every 3 marks based on general science class for six students
- For class 9 students, It is in Physics, Chemistry, and biology
- Maximum marks: 30
- Duration of examination: 30 minutes
- All candidates get merit certificate
- For phase 3 – 30% in phase 1 and all marks in phase 2 are considered.
- Only the top 10% of students are selected for phase 3
- General Interview
- Evaluation of action research report
- Maximum marks: 30
- Duration of examination: 5 to 10 minutes
- Considering 30% marks of phase 1, phase 2, and phase 3. Top 10% will get a gold medal, certificate, and scholarship of rupees 700.
- The rest of the candidates will get a silver medal, certificates and prize of rupees 100.
Textbooks of 4th, 5th, and the 6th standard of SSC syllabus and content related to the above from ICSE and CBSE books for 6th standard.
Dr.Homi Bhabha Balvaidyanik Competition Publisher:
Menaka Prakashan, Pune. Science Ahead, reading the newspaper for General awareness.
- Textbooks of 7th, 8th and 9th standard of SSC syllabus and content related to the above from ICSE and CBSE for 9th standard.
- Marathi medium students should refer to ICSE and CBSE English medium textbooks for example.
- The majority of the questions will be formed SSC board textbooks
- The Less focus will be given for knowledge-based questions and more emphasis will be given for understanding, correlation, reasoning, etc.
- The questions pertaining to General knowledge in science will be based on topics like happenings of the last year and the happenings of the day to day life.
Official Website: www.msta.in
Note: Due to heavy traffic, the official site may experience frequent server down issues. Please try after some time if you experience the same.