Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship Application Form 2020: This Scholarship is sponsored by various private organizations along with the state and central Governments to provide financial support for the students of economically weaker sections.
It helps them to study further and to achieve more. This scheme is for the students who are willing to study UG, PG, Ph.D. courses, and other equivalent education.
The APJ Abdul Kalam’s Schemes are somewhat different compared to other schemes. Mostly 50% of this scheme is given preference only for female candidates only if they met the eligibility criteria.
None of the eligible students would receive any funds on a monthly basis. The fund would be only given on a yearly basis. The maximum limit is up to Rs.10,000 per year.
Here is the list of all the schemes covered under Abdul Kalam’s name,
- APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK)
- Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards
- Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
Below is a detailed explanation of each scheme.
1. Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Scholarship Scheme 2020
The DR. A. P. J. ABDUL KALAM Scholarship Scheme was established and was approved by the Vice-Chancellor. This scheme is funded by the central government.
This Scheme is for the students of Jamia Millia Islamia from economically weaker families. This scholarship is applicable only for the candidates who are willing to undergo higher studies, like undergraduate/ postgraduate full-time regular courses. As said above the 50% preference is given to the girl candidates.
- The Applicant must have good conduct in the past and present pursuing the course.
- The Applicant must maintain a minimum of 75% of attendance.
- The annual income of the respective family of the applicant must be below Rs. 2 Lakhs.
- School-leaving certificate or TC as proof of age;
- A copy of the Identity card issued to the applicant by the University;
- A copy of the applicant’s Family / Parent’s Income Certificate issued by the higher authority;
- Death Certificate of parents of the respective applicant (in death cases);
- A written letter by the applicant on the justification for availing scholarship (in not more than 300 words).
- Application is to be properly attested by the Dean of Faculty / Head of Dept. / Director of the Centre;
- Original /scanned copy of Mark-sheet of the last examination passed.
The objective of the Scheme
The Scheme APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK) was brought into action for the students belonging to the minority classes. This Scheme is particularly for the student pursuing their education only in Kerala state.
The student only from the minority category is eligible for having the funds raised by the government. This scheme helps the student bodies for having more interest in education by giving them financial support. The selection of students for the scholarship would be done based on their family’s annual Erin within the minority category.
Eligibility Criteria for APJAK:
Below mentioned are some conditions which are to be satisfied by the students, 1. The student must belong to Muslim, Cristian, Sikh, Buddha, Parsi, Jains community only. 2. Applicant’s Family Annual income should not exceed 8 Lakhs 3. Candidates Should be a native of Kerala 4. The student’s Admission must be in merit seat or he/she must be a merit holder. 5. An applicant under BPL will be given more preference 6. He Should study only in Govt/Aided Polytechnics colleges.
Applying process for APJAK:
After the students met their eligibility criteria the students must apply online by filling the form on the website.
- Before applying online, you have to register for the website using your email I’d.
- Verify your registration
- Fill all the required information mentioned there on the form
- Upload all the copies of the required documents in the size and format mentioned.
- Upload the photographs and signature of the applicant.
- Press the submit option after properly filling all the credentials
2. Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards
Honey Bee Network, SRISTI, and CBSE, National Innovation Foundation (NIF) are offered by the Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards 2020. All the students of the junior and high can participate in this scheme all they have to do is to submit all their innovations /innovative/creative ideas to the board or to the official address of the NIF.
This scheme has the aim to promote the students to think creatively and to come up with new ideas and innovations to help society. The best innovative and creative ideas of the students would be exhibited by the association at a national event.
- Open the official website
- Register on the website
- Submit your innovation in the required format as mentioned
- Press the submit button after a proper check.
The students should remember that the last day for submission is about 31st August of 2020.
3. Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
This scheme is a similar scheme to Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards, which also awards the students to their innovative ideas and creations made for the betterment and to help the society.
The only difference is that the engineering students are the eligible ones for this scheme. This is organized by the Indian National Academy of Engineering.
This scheme aim is to promote the research work of the students for a good future.
- The applicant must be a student at a government-funded institution.
- He must have a bachelor’s degree or else any relevant equivalent degree.
- His idea must be a new and innovative one.
- He should have minimum experience.
- The selected applicants/ students would receive an amount of twenty-five thousand rupees along with some deduction of tax to the government.
The last date for enrolling in this scheme is 31st December 2020. The applied candidate will be verified and the committee of field experts only. The field experts are the experts in the specified subject in which the applicant had done his innovation.
Download APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship Application Form 2020-2021 at www.desw.gov.in